Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Confusion.

Okay, the inspiration for this particular post is a little insane. No, a lot insane. Disclaimer: this is purely my opinion, and I am slightly playing devil's advocate, so please don't get offended.

Last night, my friends and I were just hanging out, and we fell on the subject of pregnancy. Out of pure randomness, one of my friends mentioned that my college expells girls who are pregnant outside of wedlock. My jaw dropped to the floor. I mean I do go to a Baptist college, but I truly think this is absurd. I am a child born out of wedlock. My mom was not in college, but if she had been, I would not have wanted her to have to give up on dreams of success just because I came along. I strongly believe that if a person is determined to make it work and wiling to pay the money, they should by all means be allowed to still be a student here. Anyways, would denying someone education because of this minnor thing be very Christian like?

All of this has been weighing heavy in my mind. I had to get it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment