So just to recap life lately: work, spanish, work, and trying to keep somewhat of a social life. Pretty busy, huh? Well, now that I have a day off, I can finally put a couple of thoughts out there for people to read if they desire.
Well, life is kinda teetering like a see saw right now for me. As a lot of people know, I have lost a few "friends," and that continues to happen. But I have yet to mention that I have regained a few that I have never expected. Honestly, that never would have happened unless I was a forgiving person. So kudos to me for being that way. I missed them a lot (They know who they are). So I guess right now my "see saw" is balanced because I have gained back friends despite losing some. Oh well, that's life.
I am ready to get another tattoo. I love the idea of personal expression, and what better way than to make it a permanent part of your being? Anyhow, it's going to be the word "imagine" on my wrist. I am pretty certain on the location even though it will have to be hidden when I become an educator. The actual tattoo is in memory of my biggest role model, John Lennon. He was not only a brilliant artist but a admirable activist also. I think that takes a lot of guts, and he used the way people looked up to him in a positive way. I want to have that kind of influence on youth when I become an educator.
I'm really starting to feel like I am at a crossroads in my life. I'm not a kid anymore, but am I really an adult? Can I claim that title yet? Well, regardless, I am ready to start sliding into who I want to be in life. I feel like this urge has been coming for a few months now, but summertime has brought it into full force. I'm ready to live a life with more appreciation to detail, less rushing, more spontaneity, and more love than hate. Even more so, I am ready to live my life with only two peoples' approval: my own and God's. Other people's opinions are now appreciated but no longer necessary.
In conclusion, you may be wondering why I titled this post "doors." (As a sidenote, I really like one worded titles.) Well, "doors" came along this evening as I was listening to John Mayer's "War of My Life." It says: "At the door of my life..." I feel like right now that's where I am. The door is open, but I can't quite see what's ahead. The only thing I have left to do is jump in.
No comments:
Post a Comment